09.02.2016, Type of project: Content Marketing
OTA Content Optimization and Rate Parity Assurance for Lindner Hotels & Resorts
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Lindner Hotels AG, a family-run hotel group based in Dusseldorf, operates 33 hotels and resorts across 7 European countries, of which 23 properties are located in Germany. Its portfolio ranges from leisure hotels, including spa and sports resorts, to city and conference hotels. Lindner Hotels is among Germany’s leading hotel chains and continuously receives numerous awards. For many years, Lindner and h2c have established a close working relationship, and h2c has successfully supported various projects during this period. From 2013, annual training sessions are conducted, ensuring that Lindner’s employees are knowledgeable about the newest distribution trends and developments.
Our hotel display is impacted by frequent OTA extranet and OTA layout changes and therefore requires a high amount of content updates and loading of additional content. In order to keep our content fresh, we commissioned h2c to analyze and optimize our static and dynamic content displayed on OTAs and online tour operator sites. H2c’s checks identified key content issues which were corrected immediately by our team. We were fully satisfied with h2c’s clear recommendations and the entire OTA optimization process.
Monika Sand, Corporate Manager Revenue at Lindner Hotels & Resorts
Lindner Hotels & Resorts commissioned h2c to check and optimize static (i.e., descriptions and images) and dynamic content (rates) displayed on OTA and online tour operator sites. The project goal was to ensure correctness and completeness of hotel information, resulting in more bookings and improved guest satisfaction.
- Given the rapid OTA site developments, Lindner Hotels & Resorts lacks the resources to monitor all indirect sales channels. Incorrect or missing information on intermediary channels can lead to wrong expectations and consequently result in guest complaints.
- Even though rates and availability are updated automatically, third party (OTA) price offers must be reviewed regularly. Rate disparity can result in direct (IBE) booking losses.
- With ongoing hotel renovations and new facilities being added, content implementation is never a one-time task. Checks and updates are required on a regular basis.
- Monthly static OTA and tour operator content checks per hotel, including photos, hotel descriptions and critical booking criteria
- Monthly dynamic OTA and brand website content checks, including rates, rate inclusions and booking conditions
- Recommendations for content alignments in consultation with Lindner Hotels & Resorts
- Final check of implemented changes throughout all channels
- Rate parity is fully maintained across online channels.
- Correct presentation of booking conditions, creating more confidence in the brand and the website as a direct booking channel.
- Complete and optimized hotel content, improving the guests’ search experience.
- Updated hotel information avoids wrong expectations, thus avoiding negative guest reviews.
- More content marketing awareness among Lindner employees.