GDS Rate Optimization
WHY SECURED RATE OPTIMIZATION?
Consortia and corporate bookings are essential for securing sustainable hotel revenue via the GDSs, especially for repeat business. Implant travel agencies and travel management consortia (both maintaining negotiated/secured rates) represent a large portion of GDS hotel bookings due to the GDSs capability to fully integrate with most travel agencies’ back-office systems. An optimized rate display (correct rate values, terms and conditions as well as GDS inventory availability) is the prerequisite for maximizing revenues.
Based on h2c’s industry experience in hotel content optimization over many years, GDS rate failures were detected in 20-30 percent of all loaded rates, depending on the frequency of checks. Loaded rates are occasionally not available or bookable, and sometimes rate conditions and rate inclusions are incorrectly displayed.
- Availability check of the lowest single room rate for one selected date (customizable) in all four GDSs
- Reporting of available rates, rates with incorrect value and non-available rates
- Description of possible error sources for non-available rates (e.g., wrong rate access code, etc.)
- Check of rate inclusions such as breakfast, WLAN and others
- Verification of cancellation and guarantee policies
- Content optimization summary of h2c’s findings in an Excel file
- Screenshots where appropriate
- Post-implementation check
- Optional: Implementation coordination with the hotel and CRS provider
OTA Content Optimization and Rate Parity Assurance for Lindner Hotels & Resorts
We are more than satisfied with the checks’ level of detail and the way results are presented. The checks help us to continuously scrutinize our strategy and adapt it where required.Revenue & Data Services Team at Lindner Hotels & Resorts