2024 Direct Booking Study
2023 Digital Hotel Operations Study
2022 Hospitality Distribution Study
2021 Automated Personalization Study
2020 Global IBE & Metasearch Study
2019 Global CRM Study
2018 Global PMS Study
2017 Global CRS Study
and/or watch our webinar “The agony and the ecstasy – Where CRM is headed”
from the 20th of May 2020.
KEY FINDINGS – CRM CHALLENGES
- CRM is more than e-mail communication. With core functions normally exceeding hotel operations, marketing, sales and IT a holistic approach is required, but often perceived as difficult to implement.
- Multiple platforms with different data silos lead to increased workloads, ineffective processes, less flexibility and higher costs.
- Business intelligence is often insufficient because reporting is either not available and/or customization requires significant time and investment to implement.
- Today’s customer journey offers many touchpoints where smart CRM can lead to increased conversion e.g., during a brand website booking. But personalized content is often not available.
- In many cases, the depth of integration with corresponding systems (e.g., PMS, CRS and RMS) is not optimized for hotel chains.
- A clear strategy definition and setting priorities for CRM roll-out are important. Hotel chains often struggle with the complexity of CRM projects.
- Finding employees with the right skill-sets and CRM experience is not easy. Hence, CRM often falls back behind other urgent matters.