Type of project: CRS RFP
Supporting Rotana’s CRS vendor selection process
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Rotana, one of the leading hotel management companies in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Eastern Europe, currently operates around 50 hotels. Its aggressive expansion plan sees the company growing to 100 hotels by 2020. The diverse portfolio ranges from properties in leisure destinations to relaxing spa hotels and central city hotels. H2c’s first Rotana project started in 2009 with a CRS RFP. Since then, h2c has supported various Rotana projects, mainly focusing on distribution optimization.
The CRS project is an extremely important project for Rotana and it was essential for us to hire the services of h2c, one of the best consultants in this field. With h2c’s support we were able to manage the entire RFP process smoothly, allowing us to use our internal resources more effectively. Having an unbiased CRS specialist at our side enabled us to find the right system for Rotana. We are convinced that this decision will allow us to have the proper infrastructure to manage our booking channels and consequently increase revenues and profits for all our properties.
Dominic Carr, Corporate Vice President Quality & Customer Service Excellence
The 5 year agreement with the existing CRS provider company was set to expire in the next 12 months. Rotana commissioned h2c to support its goal of identifying whether Rotana was still utilizing a competitive CRS and reviewing possible cost savings via new negotiations with the CRSs.
- Rotana’s expansion had advanced after implementing its first central system solution, requiring a review of old cost structures and ensuring the best possible solution for their hotels.
- Increasing OTA revenue contribution to overall revenues makes a competitive pricing model essential for Rotana, which needed to be assessed during the CRS RFP.
- Review of CRS solution to evaluate whether all required competitive functionalities are available/ in development vs. other CRSs.
- Review of Rotana’s electronic revenue and projection of future business potential.
- Joint definition of key requirements/ competitive functionalities of a CRS solution.
- Support of RFP process, including generation of specification documents, vendor communication and questions handling, as well as evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Cost savings were achieved supporting Rotana in sustaining current expansion plans.
- Required competitive functionalities currently not in development with the CRS provider were included in the contract.